Too creamy to be a tomato sauce and too light to be a cream sauce, this creamy tomato sauce is a great combination of flavors that tops off chicken cutlets deliciously!
The recipe below makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound of chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- salt and pepper to tast
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and sauté chicken over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Re-spray pan and sauté mushrooms and shallot over medium-high heat, stirring for 3 minutes. Add wine to de-glaze pan, stirring to scrape up any brown bits, until it’s reduced by half. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add evaporate milk, stirring constantly, for 6-8 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in any chicken juices that have accumulated on plate and add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information (1 serving; 4oz cooked chicken w/ sauce):
Total Fat: 1.6 grams
Sodium: 165 milligrams
Total Carbs: 9 grams
Fiber: 1.18 grams
Protein: 31 grams